I am a Landlord, although I prefer to think of myself as a Property Investor that is in the business of providing quality, affordable homes to my Tenants, or rather Clients, and their families.
Why did I become a Property Investor? I believe in the saying “Safe as houses…”
I have written this section of the website from a personal point of view because the business of letting cannot be separated from the very personal emotions, stresses and worries of owning rental property in South Africa today. As I have said, I am an Investor and have been for 28 years. I created Letting People to, in part, manage my property portfolio. I understand, deeply, the needs, worries, stresses and emotions of being a Landlord.
Letting People is the culmination of 28 years of being a Lessor and 13 years of serving the two very different clients of the letting industry, Tenants and Landlords. During this time we have literally never stopped innovating, inventing and redefining our processes and operations to, not only keep up with rapidly changing legislation, but to ensure that the service we provide is relevant and meets the needs of both the Lessor and the Lessee. When you list your property with Letting People you will have taken the first step towards benefiting directly from our innovation and dedication in the following ways:
- Rentals are ALL WE DO. It’s not an add-on when property sales are slow. We are the best, we always will be.
- A qualified and experienced Listing Agent (that works exclusively with Investors) will meet with you to discuss every aspect of the listing process, what is required from you and what we will commit ourselves to.
- Our paperwork and leases are reviewed quarterly to ensure that your rights are protected in relation to ALL current legislation that affects the rental industry.
- Your property is immediately electronically listed on our website as well as ALL major property portals and websites, over 20 at this time.
- A team of dedicated Rental Agents market your property to the over 800 tenant enquiries we receive every month.
- You receive weekly feedback on the number of tenants that viewed your property as well as their comments and the average rental value offered.
- Once a lease has been signed you are kept updated of each step in the process and the lease is approved by our Financial Director.
- When we manage your property monthly our experienced admin team will communicate with you on every aspect of the management and maintenance of your property.
If at any time you are unhappy with any part of the process you can contact me directly here
- 92% of the property listed with us is rented out within the first month.
- 76% of our landlords have been with us for longer than 8 years.
- My property portfolio has been serviced by the Letting People since 2005.
My team and I look forward to being of service to you.